How the eTA system affect prospective business visitors
A business visitor in Canada is one who is looking to invest funds, grow business/ business relationships or trade goods and services between his country and Canada.
With the new eTA system set in place, visitors seeking to coming into the country for business have to apply for eTA Canada if they fall under the category of visa exempt countries.
When applying for eTA it is advisable to kick off the process early to contain any unforeseen contingencies that may arise along the way. The business visitors who do not an eTA would need a temporary resident visa to get access into the country. The necessary documents to send along with a visitors visa application for business clients includes;
- Contact details to reach the company inviting you over. The contact provided should be available 24hrs in a day.
- Any invitation letter from business partners residing in the country already.
- Evidence that shows the person has a job. Evidence might be in form of identity cards or other acceptable documents.
Just like every other applications, business visitors must meet the following conditions
- Not exceed the time of stay granted which is usually not more than six months.
- Have a main source of financial income which is not in the country.
- Must have submitted all necessary documents required of them.
- Have no aim or intention of penetrating the labor market.
- Meet other basic requirements like _ sufficient finance, good health, valid passport and no criminal record.
Activities which business visitors can undertake while in the country ranges from ; buying goods, penning down orders, business training, after sales service and equipment training.
Companies bringing business guest to Canada.
Business organizations in Canada seeking to invite other associates from outside the country are;
- Always advised to be cautious and run a thorough check on the person whom they wish to invite over. This is to prevent any friction in the future and protect your companies integrity.
- Required to understand the requirements for business visitors and make arrangements for them if they need eta or temporary resident visa.
- Meant to ensure that multiple entry visas are applied for if the business visitor would need to come into the country more than once.
- Expected to fulfill their basic obligation by issuing a “Letter of Invitation “ and a reachable contact detail.
- Expected to be able to answer questions from the border office should incase the need arises.